Does your teen room need a bedroom makeover? If you desire a teen room that will be the envy of your friends, you’ve come to the right place for teen room decorating tips and ideas that will help inspire the teen room of your dreams. Read on to learn more…
How to Create Your Dream Room
Here are some tips to create your dream room. Have fun!
- Draw or create your dream room. Go to pbteen.com and check out the design studio, or go to dressupgames.com and find some cool room design games. You can even use The Sims 2 or The Sims 3! This should help get your creativity going!
- Clean out your room! Plan with a parent and set a date to go to an orphanage, the salvation army, set up a garage sale (this is a great idea if you don’t have money to buy new furniture, or if you need more money) another place where you could drop off your old furniture, games and toys. When cleaning, Put on some fun, upbeat music! This should really help you get going. Set up your stuff into 4 piles: Throw away, Give Away, Keep, Recycle. Start a small area at a time, such as under the bed, then closet, then bookshelf, etc. Have huge garbage bins handy and a hamper/clothing bin for clothes lying around. Also, get rid of dust, dirt and other gross things with feather dusters and pledge. Another cool idea is to pretend your on a cleaning game show. It may seem weird but you can really get into it, especially if you video tape yourself on a computer or camera!
- Paint! Choose a color that will go with you theme. Start painting now, while your room is empty. It will be much easier. Try choosing light colors to make your room look spacious.
- Go shopping! Okay, this is the fun part! Go to all different stores, from PB teen to salvation army! Here is my personal favorites: TJMaxx, Pottery Barn Teens, (pbteen.com), Ikea (ikea.com) get basic furniture (white or wood) and use sheets, duvet covers, carpets, tables, chairs, posters/picture frames to express yourself instead, because you can always change these. You could also convince your mom/dad to buy you a poster or painting because you cleaned out your room!
- Have some fun extras! Now, after you got the basic furniture and sheets, time to get the little extras. Go to a variety of unpopular stores, flea markets, donation stores and more to choose items that your friends won’t have, and they’ll express you!!!
- Set it all up! Make your room look bigger by positioning the long side of a bed against a wall.
- Show it off! Have a sleepover with some of your friends or just invite them over! It will be really fun when they gasp and compliment your work. Just don’t forget to clean up after!
- Get basic furniture
- Don’t spend too much money on the extras. You could easily get tired of them.
- Make sure it’s YOU. Don’t model your room after what your friends might like. Your the one who lives here!
- Always ask your parents before painting. They could help you! Even if they say no, you can decorate the walls with posters and they’ll be happy too.
- Do not breath in the paint fumes! Wear a mask while painting.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Create Your Dream Room. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.